January 25, 2008

Sumo in Japan


I've been to a sumo match before and watched it on television while living in Japan. I love it. It is so amazing to see these huge men, who look like bull elephants (not the horrible ugly stereotype shown in the West). These guys have little to no body fat it seems. It is massive muscle! The match is so fast that if you blink you could miss the key wrestling hold that tosses the other opponent out of the ring for the win. The strength and skill of these guys makes them into rock stars when they climb the success ladder during their career.

If you get a chance to sit ringside and watch a sumo match, do it! You will be amazed. Later on I will post some of my photos from the tournament I watched several years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails