July 22, 2008

Skeletons in your closet?

Don't ask me why but I have always been fascinated by bones, skeleton bones in particular. A favorite class in university was my zoology lab. I recall the first time visiting the London Museum as a kid and going directly to their skeleton and mummy exhibit. It was really mummified remains that were carefully preserved behind glass. I could not stop staring. With my imagination I could only wonder what their life had been like, what they did everyday, what they wore, every mundane detail was interesting to me.

School hasn't started up yet, and London is a nonstop flight for many cities. Here is your chance to take advantage of a new exhibit at the Wellcome Trust in London. All sorts of skeletons including a small child, and a monk and others dating back to the 14th century. The Museum of London has excavated, examined and archived 17,000 skeletons over the past 30 years. Take this unique opportunity while it lasts through September 28 to discover was lies beneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails