April 11, 2008

North Wales Vacation and Road Trip

I took a road trip alone many years ago. It was one of the best solo trips that took 10 days. Yes, I rented a car and revisited college haunts of old London and England. However what I also did was explore the northern part of England and found myself crossing the border into North Wales! It was a surprise but so worth it.

I drove alone through the mountain roads of Snowdonia. The terrain changed so that even I, a Yank, noticed that the road side fences morphed from bramble & trigs to stone. Hard stone that without a shoulder, was quite unforgiving. Having learned to drive from my law enforcement father I was bold and sometimes cocky with my driving. However I only nicked my mirror once but otherwise drove my little stick shift Metro, to my first pit stop, Betws-y-Coed.

Amazing Race here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails